Choosing the Right Company for Your Shredding Event
A shredding event is a great service and learning opportunity for your clients and will definitely boost your relationship with them. The best thing you can do to create a successful event is to ensure it meets your customers’ needs and expectations.
The perfect first step of planning an event is to make sure you have the right shredding company to make it a success. While budgetary concerns may be a factor in your choice of company, avoid defaulting to the least-expensive option, because there are more things to consider than cost with this decision. Here’s a list of valuable services that will be helpful in choosing the right company for your shredding event.
- Are they compliant? It is imperative that your clients can trust the process of having their private information shredded. The whole point of shredding is to keep personal identifiable information secure. If the shredding company doesn’t provide services that comply with state and federal data privacy laws, you do a disservice to yourself and your clients by putting their private information at risk and losing the trust and respect of the customers you intended to support through staging this event.
- Are they NAID AAA Certified? A shredding company doesn’t have to be certified to provide shredding services, but it makes sense to use a company that is held accountable by a third party and guarantees they are living up to the expectations of the industry. A NAID AAA Certified shredding company has already been vetted and audited, so you don’t need to worry. Look for the NAID logo on their website.
- Do they provide a Certificate of Destruction? A professional and reputable shredding company will provide a Certificate of Destruction when they have completed the job. This detailed report proves that your materials were properly destroyed in accordance with security best practices and applicable compliance laws.
- Do they provide on-site shredding and off-site shredding services? When choosing a shredding company for your event, think about your long-term needs as well. Depending on what’s most convenient, you may prefer on-site or off-site shredding, and may benefit from having the option of either one at any given time.
- Do they recycle the shredded material? Shredding your clients’ documents and then keeping the shredded material out of landfill while protecting trees and wildlife is a huge win-win. Be sure to choose a shredding company that recycles.
- Are they a local vendor? When you invite your local customers to a shred event, it’s vital that the service you provide is also local. Your clients are part of the community and probably aware of the importance of supporting local companies, so a working with a local vendor is a natural choice.
Richards & Richards are your shredding event experts. We are Nashville’s oldest NAID AAA Certified shredding company, and we recycle 100% of the material we shred. To set up your next shredding event, give us a call at 615-242-9600 or complete the form on this page. We’re here to help.