Choosing a Product Destruction Provider
A product destruction service offers secure destruction of trademarked products, uniforms, ID badges, and other obsolete, discontinued, recalled, outdated, or no-longer-needed items to keep them out of the wrong hands. A product destruction company transports these items to a plant for secure destruction.
Why Should I Have These Products Destroyed?
Do you have any of these types of products in various locations of your business and are not sure what to do with them? You’ve invested a great deal in creating a reputable and profitable business and leaving them intact, and unattended could place your business in jeopardy of ruining that reputation and risking your brand’s reputation in the marketplace, leaving you vulnerable to legal liability, or both.
- Brand Protection: If any of these products have your corporate logos or trademarks, they are at risk of damaging your brand if they end up in the hands of people who use them for an unauthorized purpose or sell them on the grey market.
- Liability: Recalled products cannot legally be resold. The Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), Food and Drug Administration (FDA), US Department of Agriculture (USDA), and National Highway Traffic Safety Commission (NHTSC) oversees recalled products. Documentation proving products have been removed from circulation must be provided. The best solution to this is to have recalled products destroyed, and receive a Certificate of Destruction to keep on file as documentation that you have done your due diligence.
- Storage Space: Removing these products from your valuable storage space allows it to be used for items that are still needed.
- Legal Compliance: If any of the products contain or reveal any sensitive Personally Identifiable Information (PII) or Protected Health Information (PHI), you are legally liable for the protection of this information. They should be destroyed in compliance with all relevant local, state, and federal regulations.
- Safety: Discontinued company uniforms, branded clothing, identification badges should be destroyed to avoid them being misused for any malicious intent that puts your company in jeopardy.
Who Should Destroy These Products?
Find a product destruction company that meets the following requirements:
- Has trained and background-screened technicians that shred your discarded products
- Issues a Certificate of Destruction following the completion of your project destruction
- Permits you to witness the destruction process if requested
- Is compliant with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), the Fair and Accurate Credit Transaction Act (FACTA) and the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) compliant if PII or PHI exists
- Offers tracking of your products before destruction and a Certificate of Destruction
- Is willing to work with you to meet your unique product destruction needs
Just discarding old outdated and recalled products into the trash or recycling bin is not an option. These products should be removed from the premises on a regular basis and be immediately destroyed.
Richards & Richards is a NAID AAA Certified shredding and destruction provider serving the Nashville area and ready to assist your company with your product destruction needs. Please give us a call at 615-242-9600 or complete the form on this page and let us know how we can help you protect your company’s reputation.