How to Choose a Local Shredding Company in Nashville
“Eat, drink, and celebrate everything in Nashville,” is what they say around here. Nashville is a great place to be and a great place to do business. Working with local suppliers will continue to make this wonderful community thrive. So, when you are looking for a shredding company, look no further than the city limits of Nashville and find one that will ensure your company thrives and protects your sensitive information. To help you find a local shredding company that is a good fit for your company, ask them the following questions before you decide to sign on.
Asking the Right Questions
- Is your company familiar with compliance laws? A competent shredding company understands state and federal laws with regarding Personally Identifiable Information (PII) and how it affects your specific type of business. Don’t let your company be a victim of data thieves.
- What is your staff hiring process? A shredding company needs to be operated by trustworthy staff. Has the shredding company done background checks before hiring their staff? Do they regularly train their staff and keep them up-to-date on current procedures and laws? One of the benefits of using the services of a shredding company is that you outsource these responsibilities so that your staff can do their own job. So, it’s important that the shredding company staff are trustworthy.
- Is your company NAID AAA Certified? Working with a company that is NAID AAA Certified adds an extra level of accountability that verifies the company is complying with all known protection laws. NAID is the standard-setting body in secure data destruction. It is well worth the ask.
- Is the shredding process secure from start to end? The term “chain of custody” refers to the chronological documentation or paper trail that records the sequence of control and transfer of materials. Because of the legal consequences that can result from sensitive information being obtained by unauthorized people or organizations, it is imperative that a record of the life of the information is kept. Proof of destruction at the completion of shredding should be documented and provided to you in the form of a Certificate of Destruction. This will help ensure that your company remains legally compliant and has proof of it.
- Do you recycle? Not only should a shredding company offer secure document destruction but it’s important that they keep the end product out of the landfill. Every ton of paper recycled saves 17 trees, 7,000 gallons of water, three cubic yards of landfill space and enough energy to power a home for six months. Unfortunately, only half the amount of paper produced is recycled. So, it’s vital that when choosing a shredding company, you choose a recycler too.
Finding the Right Shredding Company
Any shredding company that is interested in the welfare of your business will gladly address any of these critical questions. In the great city of Nashville, you will find that Richards & Richards shredding is complaint and knowledgeable with document destruction laws and is NAID AAA Certified. We would love to answer these questions and any others that you might have. Give us a call at 615-242-9600 to discuss how we can securely manage your shredding needs. You can also complete the form on this page.